November 23, 2016
International Social Service, USA Joins the #GivingTuesday Movement
Baltimore, MD, (November 28, 2016) – International Social Service, USA has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
International Social Service’s goal on #GivingTuesday is to inform more people about the critical needs of vulnerable children and families moving across borders and to raise additional funds to serve more children and families in need. International Social Service strives to achieve its objective of supporting, protecting, and reuniting 3,000 individuals in 2016.
Every dollar contributed on #GivingTuesday will improve the lives of vulnerable children moving across borders by:
- Answering a social worker's complex cross-border technical questions
- Protecting a vulnerable child or adult in imminent danger overseas from abuse or neglect
- Enabling an adult adoptee to meet their sibling for the first time
- Helping a child in foster care find a permanent family
Occurring this year on November 29, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in the U.S. and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick-off the holiday giving season. #GivingTuesday inspires people to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
92Y − a cultural center in New York City, conceptualized #GivingTuesday as a new way of linking individuals and causes to strengthen communities and encourage giving. In 2015, #GivingTuesday brought together over 45,000 partners in 71 countries and helped raise nearly $117 Million online in the U.S. alone. Henry Timms, founder of #GivingTuesday and Executive Director of 92Y stated, “As we embark on our fifth year of #GivingTuesday, we are encouraged by the early response from partners eager to continue making an impact in this global conversation.”
Those who are interested in joining International Social Service USA’s #GivingTuesday initiative can:
- Give back by visiting www.iss-usa.org and clicking donate or by mailing a check to International Social Service’s office: 22 Light St., Suite 200, Baltimore MD 21202
- Spread the word about #GivingTuesday on social media by posting why you choose to give back on Facebook and Twitter and by tagging @InternationalSocialServiceUSA on Facebook and @ISS_USA on Twitter
International Social Service, USA Branch
is the U.S. member of a global child protection and social service network. ISS-USA connects vulnerable children, adults, and families, separated by international borders, to the services and support they need.
back to the list