ISS-USA is Hiring a Program Assistant!
We are excited to announce ISS-USA is hiring a temporary Program Assistant to serve on a team to complete critical emergency repatriation recovery, planning and preparedness activities. Please see position information and how to apply below:
Position title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Director of U.S. Repatriation Program & Internal Operations
ISS-USA is looking for a skilled, highly motivated, and organized program assistant to join our team. The individual who fills this temporary position needs to be flexible, energetic and able to maintain the agency standard of excellence. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. The Program Assistant will be responsible for oversight and completion of tasks associated with emergency repatriations from recent Hurricane Irma and the point person, to be available as needed in future emergency evacuations/group repatriations.
- Assist the Director of U.S. Repatriation Program and the Executive Director with the hiring process of three consultants to serve HHS in revising and revamping the State Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Coordinate, liaise and meet with HHS U.S. Repatriation Program Coordinator and/or her designee and provide required materials and information.
- Manage administration of contracts, payment, equipment, travel and other duties as needed of emergency preparedness contractors.
Manage the data internal collection, data entry and provide an in depth summary of activities related to all evacuees and eligible repatriates who returned to the U.S. as part of the Hurricane Irma Emergency Repatriation
- Oversee and assist in all activities necessary to collect missing documents and information from the repatriates and the Government of Puerto Rico or any other emergency responders.
- Oversee and provide assistance with the processing of repatriation loans, and evacuee documents from recent and future emergencies.
- Ability and willingness to provide 24/7 support during an emergency evacuation, to be compensated outside of this contract if such an event occurs
- Keep track and record all activities, including correspondence with program partners and clients and upload all signed forms and supporting documents in the Effort to Outcome (ETO) database;
- Create, build, and maintain professional relationships with ISS/HHS partners;
- Facilitate and provide exchange of required information and documentations to partners in a timely manner while maintaining confidentiality requirements;
- Provide program participants with appropriate information about the repatriation program
- Perform all duties in compliance with professional standards and applicable laws and HHS/ORR guidelines for the U.S. Repatriation ProgramOther related duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Organized with attention to detail, able to work independently and under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
Must possess the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
Able to work well with a culturally diverse staff
Able to set a regular schedule (during regular office hours, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
Reliable and flexible, Keen sense of humor
Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field, a minimum of 3 years work experience in upper level management support. Proficient in MS office suite and Office 365. Database experience a plus.
back to the list
How to apply: Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter, Resume, and writing sample via email to HR@iss-usa.org