ISS-USA is Hiring an Executive Assistant
INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SERVICE – United States of America Branch, Inc. (ISS-USA)
Job Description: Executive Assistant; full time
ISS-USA is seeking a natural organizer and problem solver who will assume a leadership role in managing an executive’s time, schedule, meetings, and program operations. The successful candidate is someone who has the ability, energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to routinize operations, to balance multiple responsibilities and to take initiative to prevent and resolve problems while maintaining a positive attitude. S/he will be self-assured and able to carry the scope of responsibility with ease and poise. S/he is someone who takes pride in their work, and the accomplishments of fellow team members and appreciates that assuming “other related duties” is often the key to workplace success and excellence.
Scope of Responsibility:
This is a position with a high level of responsibility for an individual with expertise and strong interest in administrative executive processes, especially: operations administration, record- keeping, document production, and controls. S/he will:
• Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments
• Coordinate office activities, schedules, travel arrangements
• Serve as the agency’s internal and external communication hub
• Schedule and provide support for internal and external meetings and conferences, keep minutes
• Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (email, letters, packages etc.), and redirect them when appropriate.
• Serve as the liaison for the executive for internal and external sources and contacts
• Create and maintain detailed instruction manuals on governmental programs
• Monitor data collection and reporting systems, including developing and migrating data
• Write and edit agency documents, ranging in complexity from correspondence brochures, minutes, reports and professional publications
• Design and prepare paper and electronic communication documents
• Provide executive level support
• Perform other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field is required. 3-5 years’ experience in a related field, must exhibit integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential matters. Must have the capacity and willingness to interact with agency partners is a must. Qualified candidates must pass a background check, have expertise in a full range of computer programs including the Microsoft suite, have excellent organizational and time-management skills, as well as a willingness to learn. S/he must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, good writing and editing skills, basic accounting skills, command technical vocabulary, as well as reporting techniques. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, availability for intermittent travel and assumption of tasks
Please submit resume and writing sample to the ISS-USA Human Resources department at HR@ISS-USA.org
back to the list