ISS-USA Seeks a Fall Fund Development and Communications Intern
International Social Service - USA is an international social service agency whose mission is to mobilize a domestic and international network of legal and social work professionals to efficiently connect vulnerable children, adults and families, who are separated by international borders, to the services and support they need. For more information, visit.
Position Overview: International Social Service is seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented Fund Development and Communications Intern to join the team. This role will be responsible for a range of fundraising, communications, marketing, and event planning initiatives to build brand awareness, increase revenue, and enhance visibility of our organization. Reporting directly to the Development & Communications Coordinator, the Fund Development and Communications Intern will work independently and collaboratively to support the implementation of strategic plans.
- Work with the Fund Development and Communications Coordinator to carry out fundraising plans;
- Conduct research on funding opportunities;
- Assist with grants and proposals for programs and special events;
- Draft donor solicitation letters and other fundraising materials;
- Increase organizational exposure by coordinating a social media strategy, creating content across social media channels, and analyzing traffic;
- Produce print and web-based material, including monthly e-newsletters, annual reports, flyers, and event tools;
- Plan and manage organizational events including promotion, logistical planning, and sponsorship solicitation;
- Maintain and update the website, donor database (Donor Perfect), and email marketing software (Constant Contact);
- Represent ISS-USA at networking and other professional events;All other duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or interest in developing marketing materials;
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Knowledge of a broad range of social media platforms;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of external and internal partners;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate strategic plans;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and under direct supervision of the Fund Development and Communications Coordinator;
- A keen sense of humor;
- Commitment to the mission and vision of ISS-USA;
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and web design are a plus.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Marie Blum at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 15, 2018.back to the list