We're Hiring a Part-Time Finance Assistant
International Social Service – USA (ISS-USA) is seeking a part time Finance Assistant to provide support to the finance coordinator in increasing the efficiency in which we process fee for service cases. Please read the full position description below with application instructions. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are submitted.
Position Title: Part-time Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Finance Assistant Job Purpose:
International Social Service – USA (ISS-USA) is seeking a self-starter to fill the part-time Finance Assistant to provide support to the finance coordinator to increase the efficiency that fees and services are tracked, reported and finalized. This will include processing, tracking and following up on contracts, reporting, invoices and payments. Effectively communicating with internal and external partners to support the timely administration of services rendered and fees collected.
• Create contracts and send invoices to customers following agency’s procedures.
• Create and maintain efficient tracking system of payables and receivables related to invoices generated and services rendered.
• Generate detailed aged reports as scheduled and ARs and receivables.
• Complete requisite monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for states and other fee for service contracts.
• Provide copies of insurance certificates, W9s, and other business documents as requested.
• Follow up on past due invoices, document cancellations and remove them as required.
• Facilitate with disbursement check letters and mailings.
• Accurately maintain vendor and customer files following agency’s financial policies and procedures.
• Report and resolve all discrepancies as directed.
• All other duties as needed and assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Associate Degree or bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with 2-5 years of experience in accounting, finance or bookkeeping.
• Experience with Sage 50 Accounting software is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office 365, with advanced proficiency in excel.
• Familiarity with standard business principles and practices regarding finance and accounting.
• Excellent mathematical aptitude.
• A working knowledge of data privacy standards.
• Attention to detail
• Advanced customer-service and problem-solving skills.
• Sense of humor.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter with Resume and writing sample via email to HR@iss-usa.org.back to the list