We're Hiring a Part-Time Finance Assistant
International Social Service – USA (ISS-USA) is seeking a part time Finance Assistant to provide support to the finance coordinator in increasing the efficiency in which we process fee for service cases. Please read the full position description below with application instructions. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are submitted.
Position Title: Part time Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Finance Assistant Job Purpose:
International Social Service – USA (ISS-USA) is seeking a part time Finance Assistant to provide support to the finance coordinator in increasing the efficiency in which we process fee for service cases. This will include processing, tracking and following up on and reporting on contracts (once negotiated), invoicing and following up on payment, effectively communicating with the finance team and the case management team and other accounting/administrative tasks as needed to support the timely payment of services rendered.
· Create and send contracts, invoices to customers following agency’s procedures
· Complete requisite monthly, quarterly, or annual reporting for state and other fee for service contracts
· Send insurance certificates upon request of contractor
· Collect, enter data and maintain detailed accounting of what’s been sent, received, and the plan to follow up with payors and communicate with appropriate staff
· Produce and distribute outstanding invoice list as required
· Outstanding diligence and follow up skills to ensure timely return of contracts, collection on invoices, payment of services
· Research accounts receivable and payable items
· Compose cover letters for disbursement checks
· Prepare disbursement checks for mailing
· Accurately maintain vendor and customer files following agency’s financial policies and procedures
· Provide outstanding customer service to all vendor and customer inquiries and to anyone internally or externally with a question or in need of help
· Report and resolve all discrepancies as directed
· Process and prepare financial and business forms when needed.
· All other duties as needed and assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in relevant field, 5 years of experience in accounting or finance. Must have experience with Sage Accounting software; excellent communication, especially writing, proficient in Office 365 and the entire MS office Suite with exceptional proficiency in excel; experience in business, familiarity with business principles and practices; finance, accounting, or a related field; excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; honesty; great attention to detail; customer-service and problem-solving skills; must be a team player and able to multitask. Must have a sense of humor.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter with Resume and writing sample via email to HR@iss-usa.orgback to the list