Increasing Knowledge, Advancing Permanency
ISS-USA offers a wide range of training options that can be modified for your judicial or legal staff’s particular needs.
ISS-USA content specific trainings include, but are not limited to:
• Relevant state, federal, and international laws on family finding, family notification and family engagement
• Serving legal notices overseas
• Permanency planning across international borders
• How to obtain international home studies for visitation and/or custody
• Post-placement monitoring and reporting
• What is your role under the various Hague Conventions
• Utilizing technology to include family in hearings, depositions, or other legal proceedings
• Judicial cooperation across international borders
All trainings include a customization of curriculum for each jurisdiction and a participant guide that contains all PowerPoint presentations, copies of all ISS-USA forms, suggested readings and activities to improve case practice.
ISS-USA suggests limiting trainings to 75 participants or less.
Example outline of Legal and Judicial Training.
Additional information about trainings for legal and judicial personnel can be found here.