Increasing Knowledge, Advancing Permanency
ISS-USA offers a wide range of training options that can be modified for your social work staff’s particular needs.
ISS-USA content specific trainings include, but are not limited to:
• International family finding and engagement
• Document tracings
• International home studies for visitation and/or custody
• Post-placement monitoring and reporting
• Child welfare checks in foreign countries
• Protective Service Alerts in foreign countries
• Utilizing technology to include family in permanency planning
• Travel assistance for social workers travelling to place a child
• Causes and factors of the separation of families across borders
• Developing policy and best practice for your agency on international child welfare issues
All trainings include a customization of curriculum for each jurisdiction and a participant guide that contains all PowerPoint presentations, copies of all ISS-USA forms, suggested readings and activities to improve case practice.
ISS-USA suggests limiting trainings to 75 participants or less.
Additional information about trainings for social service personnel can be found here.
Example outline of one of our Family Finding and Engagement Training.