ISS-USA offers volunteer opportunities year round. Volunteers can work with the Arthur C. Helton Institute, Intercountry Case Management, the Repatriation Program, or, a combination of any or all three departments. Volunteers can be assigned a range of duties that best fit the volunteer’s skills and meets the needs of the agency. This includes, but is not limited to, helping with administrative tasks, developing a social media presence, conducting research, creating videos, or assisting with case management.
What You Can Learn:
• How a non-profit functions
• How ISS-USA works with international and domestic partners to achieve its goals
• A wide variety of content based skills
• Professional demeanor and office etiquette
• How to work with a diverse group of individuals to reach goals
• Interest in non-profit work, social work, and/or international work
• Basic knowledge of computers and data entry
• Good interpersonal skills
• Organized and flexible
• Willingness to learn
• Specific skills that can assist ISS-USA in their work or in a specific area of need for the organization
How to Apply:
See current volunteer opportunities with ISS-USA.
Email a cover letter describing the skills you are able to provide and the type of work you are interested in and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All opportunities require working in our downtown Baltimore office.
- We ask that you work a minimum of 10 hours per week for at least 3 months.
- All volunteer positions are unpaid.