Bi-Lingual Reintegration Case Manager
Reporting Relationship: Program and Training Manager
To manage an intercountry caseload through the ISS global network. Facilitate the delivery of Reintegration services on an international level utilizing a network of municipal, international, and NGO agencies. Collect and maintain outcome data as it relates to case management.
ISS-USA seeks a flexible and energetic individual interested in maintaining agency standard of excellence in case management and other areas. Degree in Social Work or human service field is preferred.
• Near Native fluency in Spanish and English
• Ability to maintain case records in compliance with professional standards and applicable laws.
• Computer literate, including ability to maintain case notes in electronic case management system, create and utilize excel spreadsheets and proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to learn quickly, think outside the box, and adapt to agency and protocol changes.
• Excellent human relations skills and an understanding of culturally relative practices as they relate to international service delivery.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a broad range of federal and state governmental and non-governmental agencies.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Commitment to the organizational mission.
• Willing to submit for federal security clearance
• Basic understanding of case management practices, preferred
• Working knowledge of the Northern Triangle countries and the challenges, preferred
• Experience with migrant, refugee, asylee population, preferred
• Candidate must be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and carry out all aspects of the work accordingly
- Conduct intake phone calls with client to gather information necessary for development of individualized service plan (ISP).
- Prepare outgoing referral to in-country service partner prior to client’s departure
- Coordinate with in-country service partners to identify and secure access to case-specific repatriation services including:
- Immediate Reception, basic needs, transportation and shelter
- Shelter and long-term housing
- Connection to educational a/o job/vocational opportunities
- Medical, mental health, behavioral health services
- Legal assistance, community
- Community and Family engagement support
- Obtain reports and support development of ISP to share with client and relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate client’s reception in COO with domestic and international partners
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and coordination support to in-country partner to implement ISP.
- Maintain records, including computerized case management referral and tracking system.
- Prepare a wide range of documents, including case files, program reports, proposals, correspondence and memoranda.
- Submit detailed and thorough documentation in compliance with program needs and ISS-USA policies and procedures.
- Represent agency to external audiences.
- Maintain professional resource files.
- Participate in program development activities.
- Perform all duties in compliance with professional standards and applicable laws.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
*Potential Bonus once all security clearances have been satisfactorily completed.
Email all resumes with a cover letter to Hiring Manager: Elaine Weisman at [email protected]