HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter and Resume via email to [email protected]
Position Title: Intercountry Case Assistant (Full-time, Remote)
Reporting Relationship: Intercountry Case Work Supervisor/Manager
Position Objectives: To assist intercountry case management staff in managing cases, liaising, and providing administrative and technical support in the delivery of child welfare services on an international level utilizing a network of state, federal, international, and NGO agencies. Ideal candidate must be computer literate, including the ability to maintain case notes in electronic case management system, create and utilize excel spreadsheets and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent human relations skills. Clarity in written and oral expression. Ideal candidate has skills to think creatively and innovatively to problem-solve in high-paced environment. Ability to work cooperatively with a broad range of federal and state governmental and non-governmental agencies. Excellent time management skills. Ability to work independently. Ideal candidate must be highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail.
Qualifications: ISS-USA seeks a flexible and energetic individual knowledgeable in domestic and global Child Welfare. Bachelor Degree in Social Work and Human Services or another related field is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the child welfare system in the United States and/or in other countries.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills and an understanding of culturally relative practices as they relate to international service delivery.
- Ability to learn quickly, think outside the box, and adapt to agency and protocol changes and seek guidance as necessary.
- Computer literate, including ability to maintain case notes in electronic case management system, create and utilize excel spreadsheets and proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to the organizational mission
- Assist Senior Staff and Case Management team in coordinating intercountry casework service.
- Assist in providing technical assistance on best practices in managing child welfare cases with a cross-border component.
- Work collaboratively through ISS units, international, federal, state, and NGO agencies.
- Communicate regularly through email, phone and video-conferencing with wide variety of stakeholders related to case needs.
- Assist in data collection and management, case referral and tracking, and follow-up for all incoming referrals for service, technical assistance and information from both domestic and international partners.
- Participate in program development activities.
- Perform all duties in compliance with professional standards, internal procedures and applicable laws.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
We work hard as an organization to support our clients, but we stay focused on making sure we care for each other, too. Here’s a few tangible benefits:
- A minimum of 14 vacation days, in addition to your holidays, the summertime Friday short-days, and our year-end winter break between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays;
- Health insurance stipend/plan;
- Flexible maternity, paternity, and adoption leave policy;
- Networking opportunities with our global network;
- Kind and collaborative culture – we are committed to employee care and respect
SCREENING PROCESS & EQUITY STATEMENT:
Our team is international with team members hailing from as many as five continents and possessing a diverse set of skills. We are seeking someone who have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and who will carry out all aspects of the work accordingly. We pride ourselves on supporting a very diverse community, and we encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply and join us in our work.